Boise State University is hosting the Davis Cup Quarterfinals in Taco Bell Arena April 5-7. The event is expected to draw an additional 10,000 visitors to campus.
Increased traffic congestion is expected along University Drive between Lincoln and Broadway avenues. To minimize impact, temporary parking restrictions will be in effect on campus all three days. Visitors will be responsible for complying with all Boise State parking regulations. Additionally, exact change is welcome and speeds the process of parking for all.
• West Stadium Lots – located West of Bronco Stadium and accessed from Bronco Circle, accessible spaces are available for $25 per space.
• Lincoln Avenue Garage – located between Lincoln and Michigan avenues, with the entrance off Belmont Street, accessible spaces are available for $15 per space. The ground floor will be reserved for accessible parking patrons and an accessible-equipped Boise State shuttle will provide transportation to and from the game, beginning two hours prior to the Davis Cup start, and again one hour after the match ends.
• Boise State Accessible Permit – permit holders will be able to utilize designated accessible parking spaces at no charge with their valid Boise State accessible permit properly displayed. Vehicles must also display an ADA license plate or placard and the owner must accompany the vehicle.
ON-CAMPUS EVENT PARKING
• East Stadium Lot – located East of Bronco Stadium and accessed from University Drive, parking spaces are available for $15 per space.
• Lincoln Avenue Garage – located between Lincoln and Michigan avenues, with the entrance off Belmont Street, parking spaces are available for $15 per space.
Relocated Vehicles on Campus
Vehicles parked in a manner that is deemed unsafe or in violation of parking rules (i.e., not displaying proper permit, parking in an incorrect location or abandoned vehicles) will be towed at the owner’s expense to the Lincoln Townhomes dirt lot located on the corner of Oakland Avenue and Belmont Street.
Residential Street Parking
Boise State discourages parking on residential streets. For those who choose to park on residential streets, please remember:
• Vehicles are not allowed to park along portions of University Drive from 2-5 a.m.
• Vehicles may not park for longer than 24 hours
• Vehicles are prohibited from parking within 30 feet or less of stop signs
• Vehicles are prohibited from parking within 20 feet or less of an intersection
• Vehicles may not park in alleyways, driveways or vacant yards
• Vehicles must park within 18 inches of the curb
Julia Davis Park, 700 S. Capitol Blvd.
• All vehicles must be parked legally within Julia Davis Park. Overnight parking is prohibited. Illegally parked vehicles can be towed at any time.
• For a map of the park and guidelines, visit http://parks.cityofboise.org/parks-locations/ and click on “Parks & Locations.” You also may call (208) 608-7600.
For up-to-date parking information, visit transportation.boisestate.edu.
Media Contact: Kathleen Tuck, University Communications, (208) 426-3275, email@example.com
About Boise State University
A public metropolitan research university with more than 22,000 students, Boise State is proud to be powered by creativity and innovation. Located in Idaho’s capital city, the university has a growing research agenda and plays a crucial role in the region’s knowledge economy and famed quality of life. In the past 10 years, the university has quadrupled the number of doctoral degrees, doubled its masters degrees and now offers 13 online degree programs. Learn more at www.BoiseState.edu.