The first week of classes at Boise State University culminated in a Spirit Day event that packed the Quad with enthusiastic Broncos.
Hundreds of students, staff and faculty donned their Bronco gear and “grooved” to the sounds of the Keith Stein Blue Thunder Marching Band during the mid-day class break on Friday, Aug. 27. Here is the official Spirit Day 2010 video:
The event included a surprise flash mob dance choreographed by Julie Stevens just for Spirit Day. Emerging from a surprise tour of the Albertsons Library, the band marched onto the Quad and began playing “Bad Romance.” The campus community then joined in with a spirited dance that included lots of jumping, twirling and fist pumping.
Participants learned the dance steps by watching a secret training video that was exchanged on the QT through personal social networks and e-mail among students, staff and faculty.
- Albertsons Library
- Associated Students of Boise State University
- Boise State Cheerleaders
- Boise State Color Guard
- Bronco Athletics Marketing
- Harvey Neef Maneline Dancers
- Keith Stein Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Marketing Minds
- Office of Communications and Marketing
- Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Student Involvement and Leadership Center