The Office of Information Technology is currently updating and improving selected classrooms and labs before the start of the 2012 spring semester:
- Multimedia equipment and computers are being installed in six classrooms that previously had no technology (Liberal Arts 203, Business 302, and Math/Geosciences 106, 108, 120 & 124).
- Computers in Health Sciences Riverside 202, 208, 209, 211 & 212 are being standardized.
- The Public Affairs and Art West (PAAW) computer lab is being moved to Simplot/Micron Instructional Technology Center 209.
- OIT is assuming support for Interactive Learning Center 214 and replacing the lecture computer in that room.
- The classroom media control system in Business 105 is being updated.
- OIT now supports the computerized classroom in Health Sciences Riverside 200.
Computer and print kiosks also are being expanded. “We are excited at the amount of use our printing kiosks have received,” said said Mark Fitzgerald, director of OIT customer care. “As a result, we have added kiosks in the SMITC building lobby and were asked to place an additional 13 computers and another printer in the Student Union.”