Two major events will affect parking on the Boise State campus this week. Winter Commencement is at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Taco Bell Arena and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl kicks off at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at Bronco Stadium.
Parking is limited in the West Stadium lot through Dec. 21 because large portions are restricted for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Barricades and flagging are in place to indicate the portion of the lot that is closed.
Traffic Advisory — Dec. 20
Expect increased traffic congestion along University Drive between Broadway Avenue and Capitol Boulevard between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Parking is free all day. This includes all general, reserved and pay-by-hour lots.
- Arrive early and allow plenty of time to park and walk to Taco Bell Arena.
- Accessible parking will be available in the West Stadium lot and Lincoln Avenue
Garage. A free accessible-equipped shuttle will transport patrons to and from Taco Bell Arena between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
For clarification on parking areas, click here to see the parking map.
FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL
Other Campus Events
- Idaho Regional Ballet’s “The Nutcracker.” 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Special Events Center
- Ballet Idaho’s “The Nutcracker.” 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Morrison Center.
Park for Free with Food Donation
Boise State Transportation and Parking is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Idaho Foodbank. Park for free for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (in select lots) with a minimum donation of four cans of food.
- Euclid and Grant avenues between Belmont Street and University Drive will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 21, beginning at 12:01 a.m. through the end of the game for security operations. The closure will include the entire block and only residents and ET permit holders will be allowed to enter the street to access their lot.
- Parking on University Drive is prohibited form 2-5 a.m. Violators are subject to citation and vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense.
CAMPUS PARKING — Lots Open at 8 a.m.
Parking is available for $20 in the East Stadium lot starting at 12:30 p.m.
Parking is available for $10 (or for free with a four-can minimum food donation) in the following lots and garages:
- Administration Visitor Lot
- Brady Street Garage
- Lincoln Avenue Garage
- Norco Lot
- Pay-by-the-hour parking for students will be available in the Brady Street Garage until 12:30 p.m.
- The Public Affairs and Arts West lots will have hourly metered parking available throughout the day.
Accessible parking is available in the following locations. The vehicle must display an ADA license plate or placard, and the placard/license plate registrant must be an occupant in the vehicle in order to purchase game day accessible parking. There are no in-and-out privileges; vacated spaces will be resold.
- $20 – West Stadium lot (limited availability, first come, first served)
- $20 – East Stadium lot (limited availability, first come, first served)
- $10 (or free with minimum four-can food donation) – Engineering and Technology “ET” Reserved Lot
- $10 (or free with minimum four-can food donation) – Ground floor of Lincoln Avenue Garage
RV parking is available for $50 in the East Stadium lot on a space-available, first-come, first-served basis.
Boise State Shuttle
A free, wheelchair accessible shuttle will be available from the Engineering Technology reserved lot, the Lincoln Avenue Garage and the Brady Street Garage two hours prior to kickoff and for one hour after the game.
Relocated Vehicles on Campus
Vehicles relocated for any reason, such as a vehicle not displaying the proper permit, parking in the wrong area and abandoned vehicles, will be towed to the Denver/Beacon dirt lot.
Julia Davis Park, 700 S. Capitol Blvd.
Overnight parking in Julia Davis Park is prohibited. City parking enforcement commences at 1 a.m. on game days. For more information, call (208) 608-7600 or visit cityofboise.org/parks and click on “Parks & Facilities.”
Residential Street Parking
Boise State discourages parking on residential side streets. For those who choose to park on city streets, remember that vehicles are not allowed to park along portions of University Drive between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. Vehicles cannot be parked for longer than 24 hours on city streets and no parking is allowed at any time within 30 feet of a stop sign or within 20 feet of an intersection. All vehicles must be within 18 inches of the curb. No parking is allowed in alleyways, driveways or vacant yards. Portions of Euclid Avenue and Grant Avenue between University Drive and Belmont Street will be closed from 12:01 a.m. until one hour after the game.
For city parking rules, visit cityofboise.org/Departments/City_Clerk/CityCode.
PARKING FOR CAMPUS PERMIT HOLDERS
General Permit Holders
Bronco Circle, East Stadium, West Stadium, Cesar Chavez Lane, Denver, Denver and Beacon, Manitou and Norco general permit areas close at 12:01 a.m. and all vehicles must exit prior to 12:01 a.m. on game day. Any vehicle left in these areas will be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
- Alternative parking options are available in:
- Landscape Services Lot
- Street parking on Michigan Avenue
- Health Services Riverside Lot
- Brady Street Garage
Brady Street Garage Permit Holders
- Hourly parking is available until 12:30 p.m.
- All valid Boise State permit holders will be able to park in this garage, pending availability.
- An accessible Boise State shuttle will be available from 1:30 p.m. until kickoff. It will be
- available again after the game for one hour.
Taco Bell Arena, Allen Noble Hall of Fame and Stueckle Sky Center Permit Holders
East Stadium and West Stadium lots close at 12:01 a.m. and all vehicles must exit prior to 12:01 a.m. on game day. Any vehicle left will be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense. Alternative parking for Reserved permit holders is available in the Lincoln Avenue Garage.
Lincoln Avenue Garage Permit Holders
- Lincoln Avenue Garage permit holders will be allowed to park in the upper levels of the
- garage, based on availability.
- A free, wheelchair-accessible shuttle will be available from Lincoln Avenue Garage two
- hours prior to kickoff, and for one hour after the game.
- The bottom floor is for accessible parking and bowl game operations.
Norco Reserved Permit Holders
Norco reserved permit holders may park in their regular permit area in the Norco lot.
Engineering Technology Reserved Permit Holders
- The Engineering and Technology lot will close to permit holders at 12:01 a.m. and all vehicles must exit prior to 12:01 a.m. on game day.
- Alternative parking is available to ET permit holders in the Lincoln Avenue Garage.
T-Lot Reserved Permit Holders
This lot will be restricted to T-Lot reserved permit holders, overflow permit parking and game day parking.
Liberal Arts and Library Permit Holders
The Liberal Arts and Library lots will be closed to general permit holders.