Application deadline for the 2009-2010 Shared Leadership session is Aug. 17. Shared Leadership is a two-year leadership development program that helps participants gain a better understanding of the people, functions and operations of the university.
Applications should be mailed to Jerri Mizrahi, learning and development manager, at mail stop 1240. Download an application here. A supervisor signature is required on all applications.
Shared Leadership provides Boise State faculty and staff with the information needed to become active participants in the university. By combining practical leadership tools with an in-depth view of the university’s processes, Shared Leadership equips participants to make a significant contribution to the campus community and their individual departments.
- Combines practical leadership tools with a corresponding campus/community activity or speaker in every session.
- Provides opportunities for participants to take part as leaders in either real or hypothetical situations.
- Fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and enjoyment so that partnerships and friendships may be established and an exchange of leadership experiences may take place.
- Makes an opportunity available for participants to learn leadership skills and styles from a mentor inside or outside the campus community.
Participants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Hold a 20+ hour/week permanent position at Boise State
- Have the interest and intent to continue as a Boise State employee for the next two years
- Share a commitment to Boise State
- Receive supervisor’s approval
- Commit to participation this year (2009-2010) and help plan and produce the following year’s (2010-2011) program.
Additional information can be found on the Shared Leadership Web site or by calling Jerri Mizrahi at ext. 6-4418.