Faculty and staff are invited to attend a number of first-week activities to kick off the new academic year. These activities are designed to help individuals learn more about events and activities in their units and the university, meet new colleagues, exchange information, discuss ideas and start the academic year with a sense of shared accomplishments and goals.
Tuesday, Aug. 18
New Faculty Orientation
Provost Sona Andrews invites faculty members who are new to Boise State to attend an orientation program in the Student Union Barnwell Room designed to introduce faculty to valuable information and resources.
- Full-time faculty: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Part-time faculty: 5-8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
State of the University Address
President Kustra invites all faculty and staff to attend his annual State of the University Address at 10 a.m. in the Student Union Jordan Ballroom. The address will be streamed live (link available from the home page) for those who cannot attend.
President Kustra invites all faculty and staff to a lunch to celebrate the start of a new academic year from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on the Quad.
Faculty and staff in each college are invited to join their dean for a college-wide meeting.
- College of Arts and Sciences 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Mathematics/Geosciences, Room 113
- College of Business and Economics 1:30-3:30 p.m. in the Student Union Jordan A/B Ballroom
- College of Engineering 1:30-4:30 p.m. in Micron Engineering Center, Room 106
- College of Health Sciences 1-3:30 p.m. in the Student Union Hatch A/B Ballroom
Thursday, Aug. 20
- College of Education 2-4 p.m. in the Stueckle Sky Center
Friday, Aug. 21
- College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Union Hatch A/B Ballroom