Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Update

Your source for campus news

Boise State to Acquire University Christian Church Property

By: Kathleen Tuck   Published 6:54 am / April 19, 2013

UCC350x275Boise State’s Board of Trustees, the Idaho State Board of Education, has approved the purchase of the University Christian Church property at 1801 University Drive, across from the Student Union Building.

Boise State is acquiring the four-acre, 45,000-square-foot property for $5.9 million. It is the single largest parcel of land left in the university’s master plan expansion zone.

The building, located at the future heart of the university, will be used for temporary office, classroom and meeting space until it is eventually torn down for new construction. About 30,000 square feet in the building is usable office and classroom space.

The church will continue to occupy the building for up to a year through a lease agreement. It has purchased property on Ustick Road in Meridian and will eventually relocate, changing its name to Parkview Christian Church.

“University Christian Church has enjoyed a great relationship with Boise State over 60 years,” said Marcy Timm, chairman of the board for the church. “Boise State has been a good neighbor to the church, and UCC is very appreciative of the school’s spirit of help and cooperation. We are pleased to see our property become part of the school.”

University Christian Church was originally founded in the 1880s as Christian Church at Boise City, Idaho Territory. The Church has been in continuous existence in Boise since that time. The property on University Drive was purchased in the 1950s and the current building was constructed.