Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu


Your source for campus news

What to Do When You Get Hurt on the Job

By: Kathleen Tuck   Published 3:27 pm / December 9, 2015

Boise State University Health Services is the preferred medical provider for employees who have worker’s compensation injuries, effective Sept. 1, 2015. Employees also may continue to use St. Luke’s Occupational Health Services.

University Health Services provides a campus clinic on the second floor of the Norco Building, as well as a “managed care” philosophy for employees needing medical treatment for on-the-job injuries.

Employees injured after UHS regular business hours who need immediate medical attention should go to the nearest urgent care clinic or hospital emergency room.

The following procedures are now in place:

  1. In the event of emergency on-the-job accidents, call 911 and paramedics will transport the injured employee to the nearest emergency room.
  2. In a non-emergency on-the-job accident, the employee should be treated at University Health Services as soon as possible.
  3. The injured employee’s supervisor should immediately notify via email or telephone the Risk Management Office, or use the Hurt Line at 426-4878 to report any work-related injuries and forward a completed Supervisor Accident Report (SAR) to Risk Management within 48 hours.

For more information about workers compensation procedures, click on the Workers Compensation Flowchart attachment.

If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact University Health Services at 426-1459 or Risk Management at 426-3636 or 426-5955.