The National Weather Service Boise has issued a winter storm advisory for the Treasure Valley from 2 a.m. until 11 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 4. Forecasters are predicting as much as 2-5 inches of snow.
Boise State University is expected to remain open for campus business, but students, faculty and staff should use caution and discretion when traveling to and from campus. Road conditions will vary throughout the valley. Be prepared for weather changes, slowing traffic, and allow a little extra time to get to campus. If you are going to be late or can’t make it to campus safely, please coordinate with your instructor or supervisor.
Winter Weather Resources:
- You can find updates on the current weather conditions on the National Weather Service Boise website.
- To report unsafe conditions on campus (icy sidewalks, snow covered parking lots, slippery hallways, etc.), call Facilities Operations and Maintenance at 208-426-1409 or email email@example.com.
- For weather updates, follow @NWSBoiseand @BSUPublicSafety on Twitter and Facebook.
- Monitor current road conditions at the Idaho Department of Transportation’s 511 website at http://511.idaho.gov.
- For traffic updates, follow Idaho Department of Transportation (@IdahoITD) and Idaho State Police (@IdahoStPolice)
- Boise State University closure procedures can be found at https://go.boisestate.edu/closure.