Health Services is now offering a comprehensive travel health resource for all Boise State students, faculty and staff, and their dependents.
The assessment includes:
- A review of your personal medical history and advice about how to manage physical or mental health issues in a foreign country
- A review and update of routine vaccinations that are recommended for safe travel anywhere
- Administration of recommended special vaccines for certain countries where unusual diseases can occur, such as yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, and typhoid vaccines
- Prescriptions for anti-malarial medications, if needed
- Carry-along prescriptions for treating traveler’s diarrhea
- Assistance with obtaining extended quantities of personal medications
- Completion of any required paperwork related to the trip such as physical exam forms from an overseas university, medical clearance to travel or participate in international programs, etc.
The traveler’s health assessment has been designed and is overseen by medical director Vincent Serio, MD. Dr. Serio has traveled to more than 15 different countries on five continents. He has served as the ship’s physician for the Semester at Sea program and cared for patients in Shell-Mera and Nemonpari, Ecuador. His experience ensures that your assessment is top quality and uniquely designed to meet your individual needs.