International Education Week is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of an effort to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn and exchange experiences.
The Center for Global Education at Boise State University is hosting a variety of events during International Education Week Nov. 13-17. They include:
- Fulbright A Day presentations
- Noon-1 p.m. Nov. 15, Bergquist Lounge, John Ziker, “Life History Evolution and Knowledge Translation”
- Noon-1 p.m. Nov. 16, Bishop Barnwell, Steven Feldstein and Elizabeth Gutting
- Peace Corps – story slam
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Nov. 15, Hatch A Ballroom. Lunch will be served at noon. Join members of the Boise State Peace Corps community as they share short stories about their Peace Corps service, based off of one meaningful image.
- International Broncos cultural exchange
- 12:30-3 p.m. Nov. 15, Atrium, cultural scavenger hunt
- 12:30-3 p.m. Nov. 15, Hatch D Ballroom, IEP students will represent their countries. They will have prepared poster presentation, discussions and answer questions about their home culture and language.
- International Trivia
- 5-7 p.m. Nov. 15, Bergquist Room
- International Thanksgiving Dinner
- 5-8 p.m. Nov. 18, Simplot Ballroom