Join Boise State University graduate students in celebrating another year of impressive research and creative output from 9 a.m.-noon Thursday, April 19, in the Student Union Building Jordan Ballroom and Student Union Fine Arts Gallery.
This marks Boise State’s second annual Graduate Student Showcase, featuring more than 180 graduate student poster and arts presentations – including music performances, creative writing readings art displays and remote participation from online students.
This year, the showcase will include more than 80 faculty judges who will award almost $13,000 in prize money to graduate showcase participants. Judges will rank posters on purpose, design, impact and overall impressions, while arts graduate students will be judged on their originality, creativity, technical execution and artistic merit.
- The Graduate College will present one Performing and Visual Arts Presidential Scholar Award, and one Research, Scholarship and Entrepreneurship Presidential Scholar Award, each worth $500.
- The STEM & Diversity Initiative will present a “Diversity, Inclusiveness and Equity” award worth $250
- The Center for Global Education will present a “Global Impact” award worth $250
- The Division of Student Affairs will present a “Student Success, Access, Retention and Wellness” award worth $500
- The Energy Efficiency Research Institute will present a “Sustainable Energy” award worth $250
- The Graduate College also will award six Graduate College Scholars awards of $350 each.
- The Office of Research and Economic Development will award $1,500 in awards.
There also will be 34 additional departmental and college awards, totaling $6,600 in prize money. The Graduate Student Showcase is free and open to the public.